Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random Doo Dads



There used to be a snack mix called "Doo Dads," do you remember that? That was my favorite snack in preschool.

We were rehearsing "All We Like Sheep" from "The Messiah" at choir practice the other night, and I couldn't help but wonder, why don't adults have to dress like sheep and angels and whatnot in church plays like kids do? I think "The Messiah" would be more fun if I could wear a sheep suit.

I have been waiting for a while for the grocery stores to start selling those colorful plastic balls that they keep in the big bins in the aisle. Sally is pretty athletic so I figured one of those toys would make the perfect little soccer ball for her. Tonight I was picking up a few things at the Krogers, and I heard this little girl saying, "Mommy, I want a BALL!" over and over. So I rounded the corner, and lo and behold, a big bin of colorful plastic balls! Much to the chagrin of the little whiny girl, I plucked one out and brought it home for Sally. She loved it, kicked it around awhile, and about 5 minutes later this is what I found:



It was the saddest thing I have ever seen.



That's the fastest $1.50 I've ever spent.

No comments: