Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For Katie, my lone reader

I hope she isn't my only reader (but even if you were I'd still write for your entertainment K!), but since she asked for an update here it is.

I'm fine, I'm just fat.

I went to the doctor Monday morning and only had to read Coastal Living for about five minutes before they called me back. Then the nurse weighed me (I won't say what it was, but I will say I think their scales are WRONG), and took me into a little room and asked me what was going on. I started telling her about my BP being high a while back, and then the cat/puffer thing, and the chest pains, and the high BP last weekend, and I'm telling her as fast as I can, but she interrupts me and says, "So you're just here for a BP check?"

No, I said, well, yes, but also to see why I'm having chest pains. So she takes my BP whilst telling me that the home version of the sphygmomanometer (there's that word again) is no good, and it's no wonder I got a weird reading. She tells me my BP is normal and in comes the doctor. He is in an even bigger hurry than the nurse, but he listens enough to hear the part about the cats and the puffer. So he says it's probably just because of my asthma/allergies, and I will be fine.

I wrote them a check for $20 to tell me that nothing is wrong. Guess I should have gone for that run after all! Admittedly, I feel a little better this week, and maybe stress had something to do with the chest pain too because I have certainly been stressed the last week or so with work, but still. I couldn't believe how quickly they got me in and out and how disinterested they were in my CHEST PAIN. Normally if you go to the ER with chest pain they usher you right by the bleeding, barfing people in the waiting room. So maybe I need to find a new Dr.?

Anyway, I'm fine as far as I know, but I am fat, as evidenced by the pictures one of my clients took today at our Advocacy Day at the Capitol. I put the Rotund in Rotunda! It's okay though, I'm hitting WW hard core and trying to exercise somehow every day. I'm actually sore today from yoga I did yesterday, so that is a plus. Thanks for asking!

No comments: