Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sorry I'm Late

Yeah, I've been really really busy. January is gone in a flash, yet I'm still having trouble remembering to write "09" on checks and whatnot.

I'm half-assedly watching the Super Bowl right now. It's pretty obvious who's going to win, I think. And John Madden's questionable choice of adjectives to describe plays really cracks me up.

Earlier today, I went to the annual "Soup-er Bowl," which is a benefit for the Salvation Army. It was my first time to attend, but I am sure it won't be my last, especially if Steve's Downtown Deli will be there again next year. Oh my Lord, their Senegalese Peanut Chicken soup was the best soup I have ever tasted. And I'm not one for sweeping generalizations, but I really could eat that soup every day for the rest of my life.

Some friends and I have made a weekly "soup night" tradition, where one of us makes soup and the rest of us bring side items/booze. We've had some mighty tasty soups, and I thought I knew all there was to know about soup, but I was so wrong. I may have to try and recreate this peanut-chicken deliciousness for a future event.

What else... my sweet little niece turned 2 yesterday and we had a big party for her. She is so cute, has so much personality -- I can't wait until she is a little older and she can talk better so we can really have fun. Right now I just try to interpret most of what she is saying. She is going through a possessive phase right now -- everything is "my cake," "my toy," even "my Andi," which I agree, I do belong to her. I've never been big on kids, but that little girl has definitely stolen my cold little heart.

I am working with a group of lovely women on Jackson's very first VDay this year - please click on that link and find Jackson so you can get more info and donate or buy tickets. Yes, we are doing the "Vagina Monologues," and I am really interested to see how Jackson's businesses and citizens in general react to that. It's such a scary word, that va-jay-jay word. I am limited in my ability to garner sponsorships because I work for a fundraising organization during the day, but I will do what I can after hours. It is going for a good cause - The Women's Fund and the Mississippi Coalition Against Domestic Violence will split the proceeds and make sure the money goes to help victims of domestic violence. I'm really excited about this program finally coming to Jacktown, and I hope that we can add it to the list of cool things that go on in this city each year.

Gotta go do my American duty and drink more beer whilst watching football, but before I go, here are a couple of links to some new favorite websites:

Food Network Humor

Make Your Own Short Animated Movie

Design Your Own Warning Sign

No comments: