Monday, September 1, 2008

Comfy and cozy

I know that this hurricane is terrible for so many people. I am glad that it hasn't had quite the same impact as Katrina, and that everyone was so much better prepared. But I have to say that I have enjoyed the comfyness of holing up in the den with the xBF and the dog, watching the Weather Channel, eating and napping. Yes, I said I'm staying with the x-BF, but it's all good, we are friends and sometimes even with benefits. Stone me for that, I don't care... people need people.


Sally and I decided to come crash here yesterday when the weather started looking like it would get worse. We brought all the necessities and then some, but you can never be too prepared, right? It looks rough on the coast, but not total chaos and destruction like 3 years ago. For that I am thankful and glad.


Here we are just getting some rain and wind -- technically Sally and I could probably go on home. But it's not any fun riding out a storm alone, and we're making a mean pot roast tonight, so we're staying put!!


Some highlights from this weekend:


1. I have some friends who think Jim Cantore is hot. I think he is slowly morphing into Beaker from the Muppets. Soon we will tune in to Jim on the coast, clinging to a palm tree, and all he can say is "Meee Meee Meee!! Mememememeeee!!" See?
2. Went to One-to-One studios on Saturday night, for a benefit show so that they can keep on keepin' on. I have to say, I was really impressed! Millsaps Avenue has been an arts center for a while, but only recently has it begun a real revival. It was nice to see the diverse crowd, young (some VERY young, like not finished growing young) and old, white, black, Asian and whatever. Seven*Studioz was bumping as usual just down the street, and other than the sweltering heat, it was a good time. I especially enjoyed Johnny Bertram and Dent May (and his magnficent ukulele was indeed magnificent). I am happy to see Jackson's nightlife continue to grow.
3. Why is it that all the TV marathons on during Labor Day weekend are all my least favorite shows? I don't need to see that many episodes of Star Trek or Project Runway. I'm not sure anyone does.
I think that's about it for now. Back to more of doing nothing for the rest of the day!

No comments: