Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My favorite things

1. My new favorite blog: Margaret and Helen Helen speaks the truth, better even than my own grandmother, but my Maw Maw doesn't know how to use a computer.

2. My favorite sign at the fair -- I meant to post it earlier. How ridiculously obese are we in this country that we now need signs to warn us that we might get stuck on the Tilt-a-Whirl INDEFINITELY?

3. Getting together with old friends. I got to see some very good friends this past weekend, many of which used to live here but have gone far, far away. It was really really great to catch up, and it felt almost like we were never apart. AWWW!

4. This little lady. She is getting closer to being 2, and it amazes me how much of a blabbermouth she has become in the last few months! She knows my name and talks my head off every time I see her! We are best buddies. And I get to see her on Halloween for what is becoming our annual tradition of drinking beer (me and her mama, the baby's got a few years to go yet!) and handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. I don't have a costume, but I'm thinking of just cutting many holes in a sheet like Charlie Brown.

5. Election Day. It's not always my favorite day of the year, but this year I'm excited about it and ready for it to be over all at the same time. Then maybe do you think we can put all the nonsense behind us and act like civilized Americans again?

No comments: